Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp Pavilion xt938

jeNNi4
Occasional Visitor

hp Pavilion xt938

i'm attempting to fix my friend's computer. i completely cleaned the computer and reformated the hard drive...now all i need is the drivers for this to get the video card/sound card/etc. up and running. i installed win2k on the machine. where can i get the correct drivers for this? thanks!
2 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: hp Pavilion xt938

Hi:

Sorry but there is no xt 938 listed. Is it possible you got the model wrong? Also, did the machine originally have Windows XP?

Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Fred_41
Frequent Advisor

Re: hp Pavilion xt938

Hmm...

Your unit came with Windows XP home, did it not ?

You can order XP recovery cds from HP Pavilion Tech support. They cost about ten dollars, if I am not mistaken.
If one agent cannot order them for you for any reason, talk to another agent.

Windows 2000 drivers are available for older models. I am not sure if they will work for your system. In any case, you can call Driver Distribution at 661 257 5565 and select option 1 to speak to an agent. Ask them for the windows 2000 driver cd, part number 5065-8649. It was made for all pavilion models as of April 13, 2001.

But as I said, I am not sure if the cd will work for your system as it is a Windows XP unit.

Please rate my answer.
why do these things happen to me ?