8025 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: installing cd writer 8200e xp driver

Phil Miesle_1
Occasional Advisor

installing cd writer 8200e xp driver

Hello,
Probably simple, but I'm trying to install the HP WinXP driver for my 8230e. XP keeps automatically adding the device without allowing me to specify an alternate location (i.e. the latest HP drivers).

If I try to do an "update driver" and specify the location, XP doesn't seem to think that any of the files are relevant to the hardware and won't install them.

Any ideas of what I might try?

Thanks,
:-Phil
5 REPLIES 5
Fabio Aquino
Esteemed Contributor

Phil

Try this:

->Unplug the USB cable from your PC.
->Remove the USB folder that you've created when you installed the software (e.g. , C:\HP_USB_CD-RW_drivers).
->Install the drivers again.
->Restart your machine.
->Next , plug the USB cable.
->When "New Hardware found" wizard appears , point to the destination folder and let it go.

If Windows does not allow you to install your CDW , go to Device Manager (right-click in My Computer icon on your desktop and select properties. Click on Hardware tab and select Device Manager. Click on plus signal your Universal Serial Bus Controllers. You'll see something like USB root hub and your(s) controller(s) (like sis, via , intel). The controllers number that you have is how many USB ports do you have . Right-click in USB root hub , select properties. Click in Power Management tab , remove the checkmark from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" . Click OK , restart and try to connect you USB cable again .
If windows cannot allow to install your cdw , check again the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and try to install your equipment .

Let us know what happen

Rgds

Fabio
Quando voc├к tem uma meta apaixonante , o que era obst├бculo passa a ser etapa.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Try downloading the drivers and installing them via here:

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpcdwriter22108&l=en&c=MicrosoftWindowsXP

Good luck,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Phil Miesle_1
Occasional Advisor

Fabio,

I tried this, to no avail. I simply can't get XP to let me specify the driver location; it never prompts me (as in the Add Hardware Wizard).
Phil Miesle_1
Occasional Advisor

Bill,

That's where I had downloaded them from in the first place :-)

Funny, you being in Ireland as I've just moved back to Minneapolis after living in Dublin for nearly 4 years...

Any other ideas as to what I might try?

Thanks,
:-Phil

Phil Miesle_1
Occasional Advisor

Say, I realized that I've not posted the resolution to this. There is an "extra" driver that I didn't need to install...used the "default" drivers and it worked fine.