Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

I have a problem with my graphics driver and I cannot figure out how to fix it. The computer shuts itself down randomly. I receive an error message that says the system has recovered from a serious error and prompts me to send an eror report to microsoft. I am then taken to microsoft site and receive a message telling me its my intel graphics driver. This has been happening for the last month. I have tried everything. Is there someone out there who might help me fix this?
11 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

Hello Linda,

try Reinstalling the Driver from :
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=865

Before reinstalling it, make sure u have backed up all Important Data.

Also, Try DISK FRAGMENTATION;

Keep the Windows updated with ALL UPDATES.

When exactly does the system reboots ?

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the reply. The computer shuts itself down randomly and then restarts. I sometimes am unable to get the computer to run again. When I do I have to put run in safe mode to continue. The driver I have is version 6.14.10.3943 I checked for an update and found version 14.10.3.4342 from the link you sent me. I printed out the instructions and will try this and hope it will fix my graphics problem. When it messes up it get a message that says you ialmrnt5 display driver quit working properly. I will let you know what happened when I download and install the newer version. Thanks again, Linda
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

Oops! The driver version update is now 6.14.10.4342 I downloaded the newer driver version and so far so good. I also went to driver agent.com and they scanned for missing driver updates. I printed out a report of what they call good and bad drivers. The results were that 31% of my drivers lacked significant updates. Most had to do with the intel driver.I automatically have microsoft updates set up on my computer. I will check for updates and get back to you with info. Thanks again, Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Sure Linda.

Also, once thats done, dont forget to run the Disk Fragment.

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

James,

Thank you for the help. I am not sure but I think I may have more problems. My cpu usage was up to 100% and vsmon,exe was causing it. I found out alot of others were having the same problem and am working on trying to fix it. After I updated my driver I noticed things were a little better with my graphics problem. I am working on the new problem now. Thanks again for taking the time to help me. Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Linda,

Most welcome !

vsmon,exe belongs to Zonealarm Personal Firealarm. Shut it down.

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

James,

I hope you might be able to tell me where vsmon.exe came from. Is it part of my anti virus protection? I looked it up and it says to leave it alone. Also how should I shut it down? On startup or what. Thanks again, Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Linda,

Its a Part of ZONEALARM; A Personal Firewall.

May I know which anti-virus have you installed ?

Mcafee or Norton or AVG ?? or any other ?

If im not wrong, all these Anti-virus software comes with there OWN version of firewall.

Besides, Your windows COPY also has its own Firewall.

I {personally} wont recommend using ZONEalarm;

You may very well go ahead & uninstall it (provided you have one of the above mentioned Anti virus software !)

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Go to "Add/remove programs" under Control Panel to uninstall it.

James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

Hi James,

I used to have norton but when I had my local phone company install high speed internet they offered free security software thru computer associates international.I have had this for over a year with no problems. I may have to contact them to see if this is provided thru them.I am afraid I won't have the proper protection if I remove itjust yet.My computer is humming to loud and it shut itself down again a short time ago but restarted itself and seems ok at this moment. I am contacting the software company now. I will get back to you later.
Linda
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi!

There are some reputed site, you can scan your PC on-line. Try the below
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Also, use SpyBot (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html) to scan for Spywares

Start the PC is safe mode, and stop any non-microsft services. You can go to Start->Run->msconfig
Select the tab "Services" (5th one), click on "Hide Microsoft Services", and disable all of them and re-boot the PC. Then obserive you have any issue.

If you have still issues (ie: after scanning, after SpyBot, and after stopping all non-MS services), try to stop any unwanted MS Services.

We need to narrow down and find the root cause. It might be the Software or the Hardware. Few months back, i was having serious issues with my Home PC, tried all, tried a bigger cooling fan too, but no use. later i tested with a different SMPS (Power Supply unit) and all my issue just vanished.
(I am just giving an example, how the issue can come from an unexpected source. doesn;t mean this might be ue issue)

Please keep us updated,

Ashly A K
http://geocities.com/helponhpopenview/

Please keep us updated
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview