108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

my deskpro cant start

SOLVED
Go to solution
newton_3
Occasional Contributor

my deskpro cant start

what should i do when I boot my my compaq deskpro and nothing comes on the screen.
When it happend I swapped the Ram, CPU and all removal parts with another system which all worked.
But the original system does not display anything.
What can be the possible cause, how do I solve this problem. Try and help me solve this problem.
Hey thanks for your co-operation
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: my deskpro cant start

Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

Please read the forum guidelines here as those apply elsewhere too. Be prepared to assign points to your benefactors, all of whom will be volunteers.

Help them also be providing the complete model name of your system in the subject line with all details in the body of your post. Example: Deskpro 2000 model 5133 will not boot. (use YOUR model designation)

Thank you
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

I guess I should have specifically sugeested you locate and post to the HP business forums which has a subsection that deals with hardware problems on the DESKPRO series.

Start by clicking on the link at left "maintenance and support for"

Incidently, it's probably a dead CMOS (clock) battery....not removable if an older deskpro (soldered in place). Here you deactivate the old one and plug in a wire lead Ray o Vac model 840....if the hardware gurus are online, they will zero in on that.
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

Newton, bsed on your mentioning the CPU size on your other thread, the DESKPRO is a model EN 6400....check out support and drivers link at page top here and enter that model .
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor
Solution

As you advance through the support pages, should you elect to view software and drivers you will be asked to specify the operating system...if not sure, guess. I did so and note that the diagnostics softwares and so on are the same anyway. Go look.Scroll to the very bottom of the list.