Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nc4010 intel pro/wireless 2200bg & vista issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
dfayruzov
Occasional Contributor

nc4010 intel pro/wireless 2200bg & vista issue

Hi,
i have following issue - when trying install driver for wireless 2200bg i have got from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-45932-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Vista cannot see suitable drivers in directory: c:\swsetup\... bla bla bla

When trying to install driver using "have disk" option, it mark with exclamation mark and says: "The device cannot start. Code 10"

Please help me. :)
6 REPLIES
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Re: nc4010 intel pro/wireless 2200bg & vista issue

Hi dfayruzov
It looks like Intel does not have a Vista driver for this card yet.
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-010623.htm#VistaDriver

Have a nice day,
Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
dfayruzov
Occasional Contributor

Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

This is listed on that site

Enhancements
- Provides Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection Driver version 10.6.0.29 for Microsoft Vista Operating Systems.
- Provides Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 b/g and 2915 a/b/g Network Connection driver version 9.1.0.111 for Microsoft Vista Operating Systems.

So no enhancements for your chipset for Vista, only the normal XP drivers are in that package.

You must have a little more patience,
Have a nice day,
Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
dfayruzov
Occasional Contributor

another half an hour of investigations brings us there:

1. Device ID is "PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_00E60E11&REV_01
"
googling around it says to us that we have "HP WLAN 802.11b/g W400" device with Atheros chipset.

Now clear why i couldnt install drivers from "Intel PRO Wireless 2200bg" :)

But question remains the same - have anybody vista driver for this device?
john.atwood
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I was able to get it working (vista on nc4010) by going to Control Panel->System->Device Mgr->Other Devices, then right clicking on properties and selecting "reinstall drivers". I then browsed to c:\SwSetup and it succeeded. I had downloaded a couple of softpaq's, but looking at the driver details now, i see it'd using ar5211.sys, and searching for that file reveals it's in c:\swSetup\sp330101A, which must've been from the XP install.

hth,

john
dfayruzov
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.
It seems to be solution, but i unable to test it right now, because of jumping back to XP.