Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to find password

SOLVED
Go to solution
cindy french
Occasional Visitor

need to find password

this may sound dumb i was given a compaq armada m700. well i was getting it up and going i download something i should not have . now i can not log in with my password i picked. like it when back or something . how can i get in? or what eles can i do? thank c
5 REPLIES
Pat
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: need to find password

Hi, Cindy,

What operating system do you have?

Try logging into Safe Mode -

Restart the computer and tap the F8 button.

You can do a System Restore and restore your computer to a time prior to the download occurrence that caused the issue.

If using Windows ME, you can do a search for *pwl. Delete all *pwl files and reboot. A window appears for you to type in your user id and password. Type in the user id but do not type in a password or the window will reappear each time you restart.

Pat
Pat
Honored Contributor

Cindy,

Another option is to contact your ISP provider and see if they won't reset the password for you.

Pat
cindy french
Occasional Visitor

i am using windows xp. i have tried all that you say but for reset password from company for, i can not get pass sign in asking for user name and password cindy
cindy french
Occasional Visitor

I GOT TY FOR YOUR HELP CINDY
cindy french
Occasional Visitor

i got the password from the people before me cindy