Operating System - Microsoft
1751817 Members
5647 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ntdll.dll exception error - laserjet 3330 using laserjet 4si driver - WinXPpro

Fred Rone
Advisor

ntdll.dll exception error - laserjet 3330 using laserjet 4si driver - WinXPpro

I am using tax software that requires the use of the laserjet 4si driver, but when I do that on my new HP d530 machine, the program terminates and does not close properly, and does not print. I have a Laserjet 3330, connected to a d530 via USB. Is the problem that the LJ 4si driver does not support the USB setup? Or is it just not compatible, pcl-wise? Would it help if I hooked up the printer to the d530 via a parallel port instead?
None of the tech support wizards at RIA Gosystem Tax or HP printers has been able to solve this problem yet.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: ntdll.dll exception error - laserjet 3330 using laserjet 4si driver - WinXPpro

That would be a good first test, to hook up the printer directly to the D530's parallel port. And... Yes, the HPLJ 4SI driver expects either a parallel or TCP/IP port, not a USB port.

In "most" cases, you can use an older driver from the same Family of printers (4L can use a Series II driver), but not the other way around, and you can't mix deskjet with Laserjet drivers. Other than that, I really can't tell if the 3330 will work using the 4SI driver.

Jon

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Fred:

You may want to consider upgrading the printer firmware from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=66367&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=66359тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=54
This is probably a longshot!

Try the update to v4.3 of the printer software, located here (under Update):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=66367&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=66359тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=228

HTH

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Fred Rone
Advisor

I've already updated the firmware to the 20021018W version. I'm going to try changing to parallel cable today instead of USB and see if that helps. Thank goodness the LJ3330 has both interfaces.
Fred.
Fred Rone
Advisor

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Changed the cabling and Port Properties from USB to Parallel-LPT1, and everything is fine now. What a relief! Thanks for the help!
Fred.