Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

os not found

glendy
Occasional Visitor

os not found

when I turn my hp notebook on it go to a screen that says press ESC to change boo order
Press to enter setup, to boot from LAN. it will open F12 with this megs
Client Mac Addr: 000B CD A5 CBD6 GUID: 807D1642-967B-D711-9A87-000BCDA5CBD6
DHC
RETURN MEGS
PX-E53: NO BOOT FILE NAME RECEIVED
PRESS A KEY TO CONTINUE THEN OS NOT FOUND
NOTE BOOK HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO ROUTER.
OTHER WISE NOTTING.
GLENDY
3 REPLIES
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: os not found

What notebook do you have and what OS version?
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Try pressing F2 and see if the Setup program recognizes a hard disk drive.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Glendy,
I don't think you the option "boot from lan" will work.
This is an option used by companies to do a clean (re)install on systems where the OS is "bad" or not installed.
You need a special server for this that can respond to requests from the notebook when you use "F12" after this the OS will be installed on the system.
I guess you won't have this server at your home.

look into the setup of the notebook to determine the bootorder configured (press ESC).
common options are
- network
- cdrom
- removable drive (floppy or usb)
- harddisk

put the harddisk i the first place.
If this is not possible or if windows still wont' start, then report back, you need to look at your harddisk