1752780 Members
6126 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: outlook express

Cornelius Coyle

outlook express

Outlook express will not shut down unless I use control alt delete. Have contacted Prodigy there steps did not work. told me to contact Microsoft. MS wants $ to talk to Why your help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

You didn't specify your OS. Try opening Start/Settings/Control Panel/Mail and make sure the services you've got set up are valid & delete any services you're no longer going to use. See if that helps. Be sure these services are using valid Dial Up Networking (DUN) references. Go to DUN in My Computer and test them independently, if necessary. Let us know!
Make a great day!

Roger
Cornelius Coyle

tried your help did not work
Alexis Aimard

Hi,

Can you give us you OS please ?
Do you have a permanent connection to you mail account ? Sometimes, when the mail background process runs to check mail it prevents outlook to shut down properly.

hope it helps..
PPL Lucas

Could it be that you're computer is in a network and that by mistake more than one network adaptar were installed?
I've seen that one before.
Virtue et Fortuna
Graham Morecroft
Occasional Advisor

Alexis is right. Mail checking does sometimes cause the computer to hang.

I have also found a Microsoft Technical Note relating to Outlook Express and Prodigy. Although it does not mention your problem specifically, it may be worth reading if the above is not actually related. The URL is

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q248/05.asp?ln=en-gb&sd=gn&fr=0

Good luck...
Oh well, at least it can't get any worse -=SERVER CRASH DURING MIRRORED SYSTEM REBUILD=-
PPL Lucas

I've seen that one when a PC was cloned and the origial found adapter was still installed.

So the problem was that, firstly, there were to network settings conflicting.
Secondly, there were two PC's with the same ID on one network. Both trying to access the same email-box.
Virtue et Fortuna