Operating System - Microsoft
1748170 Members
4151 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem w pa286a docking station on nc8230

Laurence Grant

problem w pa286a docking station on nc8230

I just got the pa286a and although power and ethernet are working fine, the USB isn't. It's as if it doesn't see it at all. The plug-n-play didn't detect any new HW when I first docked it, and nothing I try seems to work. As far as I can tell it's a supported configuration. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Laurence Grant

no neither of them was right. The first one is about bluetooth with xp. I've actually upgraded to vista.

The second one is for laptops in general, but the section on USB was specific to USB not working until you reboot. That's not really my issue either. You see the USB ports on the laptop work fine, and continue to work when docked and not docked. However, the USB on the DOC never work. If I reboot they still don't work. If I undock and redock they still don't work. However, the USB ports directly on the laptop are fine the entire time.

Also, shouldn't they work even at boot time? I thought the keyboard and mouse would work, but when I'm rebooting, I can't use the external USB keyboard for anything when it's plugged into the DOCK.

Any other suggestions?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Oops!
Sorry I got that wrong !
I guess you need to contact HP support for further assistance.
James.