1748254 Members
4033 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: pxe-e55 proxydhcp service did not reply to request on port 4011

TConn
Regular Advisor

pxe-e55 proxydhcp service did not reply to request on port 4011

I am having problems with this error. pxe-e55 proxydhcp service did not reply to request on port 4011. 

This is Deployment Server 6.9 SP5 running on Windows 2008.  The DHCP server gives me an IP.

When running Deployment Server 6.9 SP2 on Windows 2003, the same Blade and  IP, I had no problems.

It was not upgraded, it was a clean install

I have done the following.

1- Added port 4011 and 402 to the Windows 2008 Firewall - rebooted server

2- Disabled the Firewall - rebooted server

3- Checked the PXE.ini to make sure it was correct

4- Checked the PXE Configuration and all is good

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Terry

Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.
1 REPLY 1
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

Re: pxe-e55 proxydhcp service did not reply to request on port 4011

I realise this is a very old thread but as we had the same problem recently and it wasn't fixed by any of the fixes posted on this or the altiris forums (which are locked now anyway, so can't be updated) I though I'd post our fix here in case it helps anyone else.

Somehow we got the error PXE-E55 after regenerating our PXE images after adding additional drivers. After a lot of dead ends it turned out that the configuration file 'pxe.ini' had updated itself somehow using the wrong IP.

We have all this running from one maching (Deployment Services, PXE, DHCP for the PXE boot network) but the machine is multi-homed and PXE had replaced all instances of the correct IP in the above config file with a different IP on the same server (but that has nothing to do with PXE or  DHCP etc). It's never done it before so no idea why it did it that time.

So basically while the server was listening for and responding to DHCP requests on the correct network, it was then listening to requests for the boot image location on a different (wrong) network. This could be checked by <netstat -a -p UDP | findstr "4011"> which confirmed that the server was listening on port 4011 but on the wrong network.

After correcting this, and possibly restarting PXE services, all worked as expected.