1752800 Members
5511 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: soundcard driver

Otto Reid

soundcard driver

I cleaned up my pc by formatting the hard, I have it up and running all but sound.
I have a HP Vectra Ve 6/350 with a sound card,
Hp p/n:5064-2620
DC:3846 rev:d
s/n:AZT026087
for whitch I can,t find a driver.Any help would be appricated.
9 REPLIES 9
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

This is the wrong side to post your question. However, what OS are you running!
Look in this link for your driver and let us know how it goes!
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=17408&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=32476&prodTypeId=12454

good luck!
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Otto Reid

I am running windows 98se.
Does hp require anything special to install sound.I downloaded a driver,it seems to have loaded fine.
In the device manager all the sound devices
says (This device is working properly).But when I go to sound properties there is no sound. thanks.
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Is you speaker on?
when you go to
Control Panel>MultiMedia and check off the option to show the Volume control Icon on the task Bar.

Also, Control Panel>Sounds and select start Windows under the Events.
Under the preview, play the sound!

Please keep us updated!
Thanks
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Otto Reid

At Control Panel>MultiMedia the option to show the Volume control Icon on the task Bar is check off but grayed out.

IN Control Panel>Sounds under the Events I can change the sound names but I can't preview, play the sound.

Thank's for trying to help. This Hewlett Packard as me stumped.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Otto:

Please try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=17408&prodSeriesId=32476&prodTypeId=12454&basePartNum=vc4381&locBasepartNum=vc4381en&os=Microsoft+Windows+98&tech=Patch++Quick+Fix+Engineering+%28QFE%29

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Otto Reid

I downloaded this driver last night, installed it, no defferant.
The sound worked fine untill I formatted the hard drive.Everything else works fine.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Otto:

Have you tried removing the sound card from Device Manager and letting Windows re-detect it and re-install the driver?

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

I think you have an Aztech Pro16 sound card also known as the HP Bolero. There is a win95 driver (pro16-95.zip) on this page:

http://www.aztech.com/driver/sound_pro16.htm

You will have to unzip it before you can use it. I'd put the unzipped on a floppy and then remove your current sound card from Device Manager and reboot. Then when it finds the new one (or if it doesn't do an Add Hardware) offer it the floppy.

Ron

Otto Reid

Thanks guys for your help.
I must have made a mistake when I installed win 98 the last time.
I reformated the hard drive and installed win 98 again only to fine that I had the sound. Everything else is up and running.
thanks.