Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool32 errors

Dianna Smith
Occasional Visitor

spool32 errors

Hi -- I am using a Gateway Perf 550PC, running Win98 as the client on a Novell Network. My printer is an HP8000N, setup with the PCL5E driver , that I may print checks from the accounting software. I continuously receive spool32 errors and am kicked out of this program. Do you have any suggestions for the correction of this problem? Any help would be great!
There's never a question that is too stupid to ask.
2 REPLIES
Anthony Goonetilleke
Esteemed Contributor

Re: spool32 errors

I had a similar problem on my home PC (which happened to be a gateway :-)
I installed the latest service pack for win98 and the new jetadmin and changed to the postcript driver and it fixed the problem.

I was also told that you may want to go to properties and change the data type to RAW
Minimum effort maximum output!
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Re: spool32 errors

There is a Microsoft knowledgebase page for these errors. See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/9/49.asp