6151 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: start up of programs

Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Yes I am logged in as administrator.
Thanks a lot for that URL, now I can at least get rid of the non essential programs in startup. I had looked before at the MSCONFIG, but I found it to mind boggeling to try.
I just tried again by uninstalling and re installing the Partition Magic8, disconnecting the internet, closing the virus scan, zone alarm fire wall and MSN. Then I tried to partion the hard drive again. I got the same error message. Now I will try again after I uncheck the un necessary programs in start up. Hopefully it will work this time.
c'est la guerre
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

i'm going to poke systernals.com again, Autoruns.exe creates a listing of all the automatically started programs from all over the system.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Tom, I did download that Process Explorer, but it is too much information for me to digest. Either I have to hire someone to sort this out or just forget about partitioning the hard drive. Thanks to all who responded.
c'est la guerre
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

You should have some Partition Magic rescue disks. You will need to use those to make it work. If you boot windows then windows will take over the C: drive and it won't let PM lock it.

Ron
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

thanks Ron, I will try that. (i did make the recue disks)
c'est la guerre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Help!! I did get to partition the hard drive by using the rescue disks, but somewhere along the process i made a mistake lost my OS. How can I get that back
c'est la guerre
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

give us a bit more info, what happened. walk us through. list any error messages etc...

it might be as simple as setting the boot flag, but it might be a complete wash. need more info to tell
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Thanks Thomas, I am going to take it to a computer service. Due to a brain injury I have a problems following written directions and should have taken it to the computer service as soon I ran into this problem. Thanks for the help you guys are providing on this forum
c'est la guerre