1752741 Members
5392 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

upgrade to Win ME, is it really worth it

Mark_17
Occasional Contributor

upgrade to Win ME, is it really worth it

I have a HP 8670C and would like to know for a college student would it be worth the trouble to upgrade to Win ME. i get a lot of crashes in the middle of applications, freezes, and wont shutdown. resulting in the lovely scan disk blues screen. is this due to the OS or have what???

ha tcan i do the prevent or at least cut Down on the blues screens. they are very time consuming.
2 REPLIES 2
Mike McKinlay
Honored Contributor

Re: upgrade to Win ME, is it really worth it

My experience with WinME has been generally good and I've been running it since mid-beta earlier this year. Sure, I still get blue screens. These are mostly due to running graphics intensive applications -- read: computer games installed by my teenage son.

(Note: your GPA will increase by a full point if you remove all games from your system!)

So my question is: what applications are you running that you get the crashes?
"Hope springs eternal."

Re: upgrade to Win ME, is it really worth it

I have a pavilion 8275. I added memory, a reburner, and a All-in-wonder PRO. Everything worked fine till I upgraded to Win98. Started having a few problems most of which I was able to finally work around. With all the hype on WinME, I thought that it would straighten everything out. --NOT-- I'm thinking about formatting my hard drive and recovering back to all the old settings and forgetting about the rest of the upgrades. Things even got worse on line after I "upgraded" to AOL6.0. I've tried all kind of support. None has helped. Suggestion - Check availability and compatibility of drivers needed to use WinME on YOUR computer and all associated hardware and software.
Is digital art finger painting?