Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Hi,
I am tasked with automating importing of workflow processes (basically .xml files) to a siebel application. There are about 60 of these xml files (stored locally in my hard drive) that need to be imported (uploaded) to siebel via the siebel application.

I looked at a few on the internet like Macro Scheduler etc but I think this could be done through vbscript or perl ?

Have anyone come across such a scenario ? I was wondering if there are scripts (vbscript or perl) out there already that someone is using that could be beneficial to me ?

I also need directions on how to invoke the script etc ..

Currently this is done manually and it is a painful process ...

There is a drop down "Import workflow Process" within siebel (siebel 7.5 through Internet Explorer browser) and then that pops up the 'workflow Process import - Microsoft Internet Explorer' window that has the 'browse' button where you select the location of your xml file and also there is a import and cancel button in that window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shabu

P.S. this thread has been moved from from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Microsoft > general. - Hp Forum moderator

5 REPLIES
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Re: vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Also, I can import these xml files into the application only one at a time, so that basically means I've to do that 60 times if there are 60 xml files ...

Thanks,
Shabu

Re: vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Just to ask the obvious dumb question, but have you ruled out there being a command line utility for importing the files?

Margaret
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Thanks for the response !

Yeah ... there isn't any command line utility that I could use (as a matter of fact there are a couple 'srvrmgr' and 'srvredit' utilities that siebel provides, but that doesn't have the the import xml files functionality unfortunately) ..

Thanks,
Shabu
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

I think you would have better luck with one of the siebel forums:

http://siebel.ittoolbox.com/groups/

Ron
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Thanks Ron !

I'll try that forum as well ...

-Shabu