108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: virus not intercepted by norton

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

virus not intercepted by norton

I have both the Norton virus scanner and Zonealarm pro. when I did a virus scan there where still 4 trojan viruses on my machine. I did get rid of them, but I thought that the virus scan would intercept all known viruses, worms and trojans. My virus scanner is automatically updated. I do not open any e mail from any unknown sender. Is there something I am missing to do?
c'est la guerre
3 REPLIES 3
Norman_21
Honored Contributor
Solution

What OS are you running. Based on that, visit MS site and follow the recommended steps to patch and secure your PC.
Trojan Horses, sometimes are not detected by Anti-Virus programs but by other 3rd party applications.
Download this one and run to clean your PC:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22262,00.asp

Also, would you mind to list the name of the Trojan horses you have found!
Thanks
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply XMAN, I have Windows XP home edition and Netscape 7.02. Unfortunately I did delete the file log as well, I just happen to get spybot-s&d last week and did run it after the virus scan was completed. Would that be sufficient or should I still go to the ms web sit? I do use the automatic window update service.
c'est la guerre
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

My friend,

Yes, you need to go the MS Site to learn how to secure your PC. Basically, go to your Programs settings in the Zone Alarm and clear everything. get online again and Zone Alarm will ask you several qustions, Answer yes to only whatever you are running and want have access to the internet. Block the others! Also, make sure the trusted ip addresses are known to you!

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

Good luck.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003