Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whois look up

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

whois look up

Forum member Igor Karasik has shown me previously how to do this, but I can not grasp it. this is again about an very young and immature abuser of a forum and I like him to know (scare) that he can be found.
Even if it was just the town he is from.
The IP Address is: 70.106.185.116. The host name is: pool-70-106-185-116.chi.dsl-w.verizon.net.
I hope I am not out of line asking for this.
I tried it on this URL, to no avail http://www.apnic.net/db/
c'est la guerre
2 REPLIES
Robert S. Carr
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: whois look up

Joe:

Looks like this guy is coming in off Verizon's network. Verizon is a major wireline and wireless communication services provider in the US. Problem is, the guy may just be a DSL subscriber. You would have to get Verizon to give you more information. They probably wouldn't like it very much if you tried to snoop their network and may have a team/systems in place to stop that.

They have an abuse e-mail address though so try sending an friendly e-mail asking for a bit of advice: abuse@verizon.net

If that's no help it would probably be easier just to erase the posts, issue a warning, remind the user of the rules, then kick him off the forum if he can't get along.

Good luck.

Rob

Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Re: whois look up

Ok Rob, I understand and will follow your advice. Thank you for replying.
c'est la guerre