Operating System - NonStop OS
1751697 Members
5412 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0 Couldn't read packet: Invalid argument

Avinash1
Visitor

Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0 Couldn't read packet: Invalid argument

Hi,

While doing an SFTP from a Solaris host to Unix server I am seeing the below error.

Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0
Couldn't read packet: Invalid argument

There are many file transfer tasks scheduled to the same server daily. But this issue is only with few tasks (not the same tasks daily).

Can some one please help me with this inconsistent problem.

Thanks,
Avinash

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Networking to NonStop OS. - Hp forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0 Couldn't read packet: Invalid argument

What version of HP-UX are you using?  What verision of sftp?

Avinash1
Visitor

Re: Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0 Couldn't read packet: Invalid argument

Hi,

Thanks, a small correction.. sftp is from a solaris host to HP non-stop tandem server.

SSH version on Solaris host :

Sun_SSH_2.2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x100000bf

version on HP server:

Software release ID    J06.17.01

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

Avinash

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> from a solaris host to HP non-stop tandem server

So it is not HP-UX ...

However, it is scheduled, so it must be scripted. If the same script fails all the time, the script may have a problem with syntax, typo in script etc ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Avinash1
Visitor

Thanks, I don't know if we can suspect the script because sftp is failing randomly.

The file transfer tasks which are failing daily are not the same and this not problem is not with all the tasks.