SOLVED
Go to solution
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: 6GB Memory become full

Thanks for the details.

A few observations...

The XFC cache is holding on the 2.2GB (35%) of the memory. This is 'soft' allocationn. That is, if there is other memory pressure, then it will release memory there.

The "Memory Reservations" for ORA_A73_SGA hold 2.44GB, for 40% of the memory. Less than 1/2 of that is actually used (149669 out of 320000). The unused 1.6GB (roughly) is not available to anything else. You should work with the DBA's to grow the SG to use the memory set aside, or reduce that memory set aside.

So while VMS reports 0 free, you really have more than 3GB free-able right now!

Hein.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Hi all,

I have a similar case at one of our customer. During normal backup procedure I noticed that Memory capacity occupied about 99% and it does not releaded until next reboot.
So please give me your opinion about this and if there is any settings or enhancements for releasing the Memory occupation.

Regards,

Emad Omar
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Emad, thanks for lookign around and finding an appropriate topic. Great. Now carefully read the information presented above and see if it applies. If it does... you ar eall set.

If it does not, start your won topic. Point it back to this and explain why it does not apply. Gather the kind of infomation requested above and be sure to attach or include it to that new topic.

Good luck!
Hein.