Operating System - OpenVMS
1753463 Members
4841 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

A very focused study intended Java programmers.

Ph Vouters
Valued Contributor

A very focused study intended Java programmers.

Dear Java programmer,

A very focused study intended Java programmers dealing with different OSes and willing to write as much as simple and portable Java code is available at http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/All-OS-Java-Java_code_dealing_with_OS_specific_file_syntaxes.html

The main idea is to not bother Java codes with OS specific file/path syntaxes such as found on Windows and OpenVMS meanwhile permitting the Java code end-user the file syntax he is used to.

Along with the TestFileSyntax.zip I propose for downloading, you ought to be able to test almost all Unix/Windows/OpenVMS file syntaxes indifferently on your Unix/Windows/OpenVMS computer. This is described in the DOWLOAD section of this document.

This pre-study is aimed at best porting parts of JRuby onto OpenVMS. Some positive results with JRuby 1.6.6 have been achieved under Windows. However I do need JRuby developers acceptance for the result I achieve. This might hurt many Windows JRuby users observing a pure Unix file syntax instead of the pure Windows file syntax they may be used to.

Philippe