New Discussion юеВ

Re: ACMS - DIBOL Program throws 33 in Development

SOLVED
Go to solution
V.V
Occasional Advisor

Hi Hein, Richard, Willem

Thanks for the direction.... I will update ASAP once i done with your suggestion.

Thanks
-VV
The Brit
Honored Contributor

I believe that the Dibol Language is now the property of "Synergex" (synergex.com). They can probably provide the current documentation for Dibol, and probably also answer your question.

I doubt that it will be free.

Dave.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Right. Googling for Dibol gets you to synergex, but I could not find an obvious/free documentation link there.

fwiw, I just happened to run into the DBLRTL zip file, but that only contains the run time messages:
! .BASE 33
CHNEXC /ERROR
DBL$_TOOMNYCHN = DBL$_CHNEXC

That suggests to me that this is NOT a system resource limit, but a Dibol run time library determined condition.
Of course it could still be a 'clever' mapping of an OpenVMS error onto the 'nearest' Dibol error, but I doubt it.

If you get it to run in an interactive environment, then SET WATCH FILE/CLA=MAJOR may give clues.

Cheers,
Hein

Beth Ives

It may be obvious, but if the same program runs in one account but not another then it has to be a difference between the accounts. Invoked through ACMS might be a key, is this their menu system?

I might suggest setting FILLM to 0 (unlimited) to see if this resolves the issue. This may not be the fix, but it might provide clues as to what the problem is.

Of course, it├в s all a guess unless you can actually run the program under debug.

If you would like further assistance we may be able to help.

It may be obvious, but if the same program runs in one account but not another then it has to be a difference between the accounts. Invoked through ACMS might be a key, is this their menu system?

I might suggest setting FILLM to 0 (unlimited) to see if this resolves the issue. This may not be the fix, but it might provide clues as to what the problem is.

Of course, it├в s all a guess unless you can actually run the program under debug..

Of course, it├в s all a guess unless you can actually run the program under debug..

SynergyDE Developer Support
support@synergex.com
Phone (USA): 1 (800) 366-3472
Phone (UK): 0800 898368
Other Countries: +1916 635-7300
Fax: +1 (916) 635-6549

Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Beth wrote (3 times :->> It may be obvious, but if the same program runs in one account but not another then it has to be a difference between the accounts.

Indeed, and most replies have been leaning into that direction.

But there is a possibility that this error 033 does NOT directly reflect an OpenVMS resource issues, but rather a Dibol run time system detected condition, which in turn may or might not depend on process resources. Perhaps a failure to properly close files.

Beth, considering you signed with "SynergyDE Developer Support", maybe you can poke at the sources or have someone poke at the sources and help describe under what circumstances this error 33 is returned and where to find more information?!
- Is it mapped from an OpenVMS Error?
- Any specific ones, or just any failure to open a file?
- Is LIB$FIND_FILE used by the RTL and can a path be constructed where FIND_FILE_END is not called?

Thanks!
Hein.

CHNEXC /ERROR DBL$_TOOMNYCHN = DBL$_CHNEXC

V.V
Occasional Advisor

Hi Guys,

Thank You Very Much for directing me in the Healthy Path. Sorry for the delay reply as I took more time to debug this very big program in both production(Quality) and development. The results confirmed that "No problem with program". Good Learning For Me :).

I have noted down mostly all the steps which i carried out (including your suggestions) with my user id. Finally I have reset my VAX/VMS user id and ACMS user id's UAF settings and also WINMGR_******* settings as same as original Post. Right now i am not getting 33 too many channels open problem with my id. I update forum Once I try the same with another user id for confirmation.

Thanks.

-VV
Richard J Maher
Trusted Contributor

Hi V.V,

Any chance of seeing the actual commands and error messages? Is this in SWLUP or ACMSATR or A.N.OTHER?

I did DIBOL for a month or so once (20 odd years ago) and don't remember "throwing" JAVA-esque, is it lib$signalled/ lib$stopped?

Where is the magic "33" coming from exactly?

Cheers Richard Maher