1752581 Members
5445 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding a new MSL 5052 into an existing ABS installation

Arlene Strauss
Occasional Contributor

Adding a new MSL 5052 into an existing ABS installation

I'm not sure that this is the forum to be asking this question, but I can't seem to find one that fits it. We have received a new MSL5052 tape library system to add to our ABS installation and will be on the fibre channel. We have a 3 node cluster and ABS runs on one of the nodes and writes the database to the internal drives on that node. The internal drives of that node are not mounted to the cluster at this time. My concern is that if we add this new tape system to that installation of ABS on that node and the node goes down, we will not be able to do backups. If we run another instance of ABS on another node, will that confuse the original instance? What would be the best way to run both tape systems, but have at least one of them available to run if one node is down? Any advice we could get on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding a new MSL 5052 into an existing ABS installation

could you move the ABS database to a cluster available disk. The ABS PAK should be the cluster common licence database but marked for the one node (/INCLUDE=nodename). Run ABS on the same node as now. If that node dies then modify the pak to run on another and start ABS there. This assumes licence unit requirements are the same on each node and the hp licence T&C allow this sort of thing.