1754014 Members
7626 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AlphaServer DS15 BCache Errors?

bennyb
Advisor

I will let you know what we come up with.

I actually may end up calling a friend of mine who can do swap on these with new boards from HP. Let me know if you would like me to ask him for an extra one for you. I am waiting to see what the cost will be to do so. However, there must be a way to fix this issue. They were working fine before we moved them. Where did you get your new dallas module? We tried swapping this with another known good one, but not with a new one. Other than that we have the same issue and have tried the same remedies. if we fix them I will keep you posted.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

If it's the Dallas here that's died (and those do die), those chips are socketed and cheap. I'd bet nobody particularly tested this box with a dead Dallas. Swap the chip. Or build your own Super-Dallas.
lbw2
Occasional Advisor

Jumper at J22 15/16, to power up the system, otherwise the system may be totally dead.
To configure the CPU in a way that the B-cache can be enabled, probably the MLB eeprom, try this command at >>> prompt:-

Buildfru -S HMB 00 80 08 02 01 E8 03 01 00

Cheers

Will

bennyb
Advisor

That seemed to have worked, the bcache now shows 2MBs but now I am getting this error on startup?

*** Error ├в SROM detected system configuration error ***

*** Error (eia0.0.0.9.0), warning, Bad Checksum on eeprom

*** Error (eia0.0.0.10.0), warning, Bad Checksum on eeprom

And there are no MAC addresses for these ports on the show config ouput. Any Ideas?

lbw2
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, I don't have the command to set the eeprom for network devices.
Guzzi

Hi there,
Because i was out of the office my thanks for Will are a little late. But anyway the Buildfru command did make my DS15 work again !
Without the FTR0 jumper the config shows now:
Alpha EV68CB pass 4.0 1000 MHz 2MB Bcache
Thanks a lot !
Jtbessa

Hello, I have the following problem:

My Alpha DS15 logs out of OpenVMS with segunte error: CPU halted 0
halt code = 1
operator initiated halt cpu0
>>>
All hardware were replaced (power supply, system board, HD ...)
What to do?

Thank you.