1752777 Members
6063 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Altgr not working in KEA!X

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Altgr not working in KEA!X

We use KEA!X to start X work stations on VMS starting from PC's running Windows XP.

The key combination "altgr 2" is used to get @.
This works on all PC's except 1. This PC has a different keyboard (and the user doesn't want to separate from it). The kea!x setup is identical to all others, including the keyboard map (altgr is mapped to mode_switch 0000ff7e).

On the back of the AZERTY keyboard I find :
IBM
P/N 1391414
S/N 0918905
Date 24-09-96
EC 528820Y

What can I do to make it work ?
Wim
5 REPLIES 5
Ian McKerracher_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Altgr not working in KEA!X

Hello Wim,

This isn't an area that I am familiar with but I did find the following extract on the AttachmateWRQ website:

"In support of its graphical keymap editor, KEA!X provides separate keyboard layout files, each configured for a specific international keyboard environment. Others can be added by modifying the keyboard .cfg files. KEA!X users can also define their own custom keysyms."

It may be worth comparing the keyboard cfg file on your awkward PC with the cfg file on a PC which is working correctly.

I hope that this helps or inspires you to think of something else.

Regards,

Ian

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Ian,

I did. The codes are the same.

Wim
Wim
Ian McKerracher_1
Trusted Contributor

Hello Wim,

Forgive my ignorance on this subject but you say that the keyboard cfg files are the same. My initial reaction is to question whether they should be the same. Surely different keyboards would have their own distinct cfg files.

Regards,

Ian

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Ian,

You might be right. But both are Belgian Azerty keyboards. And the config for the altgr key IS the same. And the keyboards look alike.
The main problem is : how do you know what kea!x is making of it.

Wim
Wim
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Wim,
I don't know KEA!X but based on my experience on PCs I guess your mapped keyboard is based on physical layout (0000ff7e is typical of this). In this case, even if two keyboards seems to be equals, they have some different keys layout.
For example, 101 keys keyboard has some keys mapped different form 102 keys keyboard.
Perhaps, if KEA!X is like PowerTerm, you can reconfigure keyboard map using drap & drop in appropriate menu.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti