4790 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Announcing the latest OpenVMS Technical Journal

Sue Skonetski
Advisor

Announcing the latest OpenVMS Technical Journal

Dear Distribution lists,

It is my pleasure to announce the latest issue of the OpenVMS Technical Journal. First, I would like to apologize for the delay; however we were otherwise occupied in getting OpenVMS Version 8.2 out. Please visit the Web site at:
"http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html"

Once again, we have a number of excellent articles. To highlight just a few, let me start by pointing out "A Survey of Cluster Technologies" by Ken Moreau. You will find this an in-depth and very well researched article. "Porting the Macro-32 Compiler to OpenVMS I64" by John Reagan gives you a firsthand look at what changed and what stayed the same from an engineer on the compiler team. "Are you Certifiable?" What an interesting question and name for an article! Certification is a big thing in the IT industry these days, and OpenVMS does have certification available. This article was written by John Gillings, who was part of the team that developed some of the certification tests. "Delivering Web Access to OpenVMS" by Tom Bice describes how Southeastern Freight Lines migrated its All-in-1 application to Verastream and added a graphical user interface. This migration preserved all their valuable data, enabled them to keep their OpenVMS systems on which they rely for zero down-time, enhanced customer service, and reduced IT costs. There are four more excellent articles in this issue as well.

As always, I would like to thank all the Authors. As you can see from the bio page, we have an impressive group of Engineers, Ambassadors, and Partners. Key to the publication of this journal is the documentation team that works with the Authors. For this issue, they were Carolyn Crowell, Suzy Kane, Mary Marotta, Sarah Masella, Joseph McMullen, Phil Milgrom, Pat Nelson, and Merle Roesler. Of course, without the core team of Warren Sander, the web master, and Mary Marotta, this project would not be possible at all. I owe them a huge dept of gratitude. Thank you all very much.

I hope you enjoy this issue of the OpenVMS Technical Journal.

Warm Regards,
Sue Skonetski
Editor

1 REPLY 1
Kris Clippeleyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Announcing the latest OpenVMS Technical Journal

Hi Sue,

Thanx for the announcement.

Unfortunately, the last double quote got stuck onto the URL.
For those having trouble accessing it, here it is again

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/journal/index.html

Regards,
Kris (aka Qkcl)

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver-black phantom bike...