108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Any word on OpenVMS forum yet?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dale Whittemore
Occasional Advisor

Any word on OpenVMS forum yet?

Has decision been made on creating an OpenVMS forum? Contrary to popular belief, OpenVMS is still a very viable OS with a large number of installations in the world. Since it has just been announced that developers have now successfully booted OpenVMS on an Itanium, it might even grow again. :-)

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP 9000 to OpenVMS > General. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Tim Killinger
Regular Advisor

Re: Any word on OpenVMS forum yet?

I've worked with VMS for years as well as UX and other unix variants - and of course lots of time with windows.

Its a shame market forces were such that VMS isn't better know to the rest of the OS community... it truly is great stuff! We still have some VMS running. Proprietary? Yes, inferior? Just the opposite.
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi Dale,

Sorry for the late reply, this one went by without much notice!

We are looking into the viability of an OpenVMS specific forum area. Sounds like you are interested, and there are VMS related questions being posted today in other areas. If others happen to read this, please let me know if an OVMS specific forums area is of interest.

Thanks,
Dan
Forums Manager
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor
Solution

Dale and Tim,

We've created an OpenVMS discussion area for you at http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,288,00.html

Please help spread the word! If you belong to any email groups, let them know this is now available. I appreciate your help...hope you enjoy this new discussion area.

Thanks,
Dan
Forums Manager