1752425 Members
4739 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL860C

Prem Mohan
Advisor

BL860C

We are going to replace the system board o BL860c but how to set the boot parameters from the OLD system board, Where is the boot parameters stored
9 REPLIES 9
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

You can either display the parameters, write them down and reconfigure the new board - sometimes this is the quickest way.

You may be able to use the HP Integrity Non-Volatile RAM Configuration Back-up Utility which is available from the BL860c firmware download page.

The problem is the node is already down due to HW issue, The OS is OPen VMS, pls help how to use the NVRAM backup utility
P Muralidhar Kini
Honored Contributor

Hi Prem,

Refer the following links -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01157868/c01157868.pdf
NVRAM Backup Utility
- Downloading and Installing the NVRAM Backup Utility
- Using the NVRAM Backup Utility

* HP Integrity Non-Volatile RAM Configuration Backup Utility Version 01.02.00
http://www.erchi.com/hp_sides/oars/DISK1_CURRENT/ADVISORIES/CUSTOMER_NOTE/c00686022.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Murali
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
Prem Mohan
Advisor

But I could see the Open VMS installation instructions, pls help
P Muralidhar Kini
Honored Contributor

Hi Prem,

>> But I could see the Open VMS installation instructions, pls help
Its not clear as to what information you are looking for.
Is it OpenVMS installation or NVRAM installation or NVRAM usage help ???

Regards,
Murali
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Are you using Virtual Connect in your blade enclosure. If you are, then the boot parameters are stored in the VC Profile.

If you boot from FC storage then just repair the blade, reinstall, and reapply the Profile.

If you boot from an internal disk, then you may have to set up a boot option from the efi level.

If you need to install OpenVMS, or if you need to create a boot option on your internal disk, then boot the distribution CD and proceed from there.

Dave.
Prem Mohan
Advisor

yes its booting from the external FC storage,can you please do let me know if we need to setup any thing on the blade after replacing the system board
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Normally in your profile, at the top by the profile name, there is a small orange "container" icon. This is a copy of the efi partition for this blade, and contains the boot options and parameters.

If the blade is being re-installed in the same bay as previously, then just reassign the profile and power up. It should bring you to the boot manager screen with the same boot options as previously.

I do not believe that there is any other step to be performed.

It is possible that there might be switches or breakers on the new motherboard which need to be checked, but that information should be in the repair/replacement instructions.

Good Luck.

Dave.
Prem Mohan
Advisor

Hi Dave,thanks for the reply but this container ICON you are referring to, in which GUI will you see this pls do let me know