cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup oracle archive log in vms

megat razizul
Occasional Advisor

Backup oracle archive log in vms

I consider to backup oracle archive from oracle using VMS 7.3-2. The devices for backup are HP MSL 5000 and the archive located in DSA11:[v500.db_prod.arc]. Basicly we have $2$MGA0: as the devices for backup. Example @cer_proc:hot_backup PROD TAPE $2$MGA0: ALL=Y "" 5 . I would like to know how can we backup archive from dsa11 completely. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
labadie_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Backup oracle archive log in vms

Hello

May be you could post the procedure
cer_proc:hot_backup.com
so that we can understand how it works ?
It seems to accept various parameters (as P1, P2...)

megat razizul
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I should using this script (@DBA: BACKUP_ARCHIVE_DEST.COM ). So i customize the script with my environment. The new script is (@DBA: BACKUP_ARCHIVE_DEST.COM TAPE $2$mga1: PROD ****/****). When i find BACKUP_ARCHIVE_DEST.COM script it located in DBA_ROOT:[000000]. So the script is over there. Any idea how to fix it?
DSM_1
Advisor

I can see from the script names and logical names that this is a Cerner Millennium environment and database. Documentation on how to use their scripts can be found in the Cerner web site, under the Cerner Millennium Support Guide (CSMG), which is available to Cerner customers.

If you don't have a logon to the Cerner support site, yet, someone in your organisation should be able to set it up for you, or contact Cerner.

They have discussion groups, there, you can join for support from your peers.