5398 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: CIXCD VAX7800 firmware download

Digecorp
Visitor

CIXCD VAX7800 firmware download

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can download the firmware for CIXCD adapter to be used in an XMI bus - VAX7800 system?

I am chasing firmware V49, and or V69.

This is in relation to Blitz TD-2557.  (DATE: 18-November-1998)

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Miltos Photopoulos - Digecorp.

5 REPLIES 5
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

Miltos, I don't think I can provide you a path for the firmware but you should probably avoid V69.  I had been recommending it to customers (years ago) and in testing it was discovered that the 4K packet settings/changes didn't work correctly.  So if you can V49 you should be as current as possible.  I'm pretty sure that you'd be looking for CIXCDV49.SYS (or .net, .exe)

I know that HP has recently changed their VAX support position but I was hoping that wouldn't include firmware.  I'll try to check some today but will have no better access than you.  If it isn't available at the standard HP website you might have to work with the support center.  The various files should still be available internally but if you don't have support...well...

bob

Hoff
Honored Contributor

First hit (only hit) on Google for CIXCDV49.SYS is at the HP site, and has the CIXCDV4A.SYS firmware kits and documentation, and includes a note around problems with the 4K firmware variants and its associated and subsequent retraction.

Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

You may have already seen this.  This is the statement at the HP support website about the VAX7000s:

Downloads for this product are not available through this website. Please contact your local HP representative for information on the specific update methods available for this product.

The specific URL for this information is:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1843012&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3254396&taskId=135

Here's a site that has V49...

http://e3k.computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/archive/cixcd/

...but I can't guarantee the images that are there.  If you can't get anything from HP support you might consider this alternative.  Google searching for "cixcd firmware" found it.

bob

Digecorp
Visitor

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your input.
I will download these files from the e3K website,
update the older revs of CIXCD's to V49, and let you know how I went.
Great stuff mate, thanks !
Jeremy Begg
Trusted Contributor

Bob, the files found at the e3k.computer-refuge.org link you cited are the same as those found here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/alphaserver/firmware/options/CIXCD/CIXCD/

Also, FWIW ... there appears to be a VAX 7000 LFU kit here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/alphaserver/firmware/retired_platforms/servers/VAX7000/

Regards,

Jeremy Begg