108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CSSMERR_CSSM_SELF_CHECK_FAILED

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uwe Kroyer
Frequent Visitor

CSSMERR_CSSM_SELF_CHECK_FAILED

I've done an upgrade to OpenVMS V8.3. When I try to install any ECO now following failure occurse.

SYSTEM:>prod instal VMS83A_UPDATE

Performing product kit validation ...

%PCSI-E-VALFAILED, validation of DSA110:[ALPHA.OPENVMS.]DEC
-AXPVMS-VMS83A_UPDATE-V0500--4.PCSI$COMPRESSED;1 failed
-PCSI-E-CDSA_TEXT, CSSMERR_CSSM_SELF_CHECK_FAILED: The module failed a self-check
%PCSI-E-S_OPFAIL, operation failed
%PCSIUI-E-ABORT, operation terminated due to an unrecoverable error condition
SYSTEM:>

I've installed the failing ECOs on a other system already. Everthing works fine there.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Uwe,

did you keep a session log of the upgrade ? Did CDSA get correctly upgraded ?

@SYS$STARTUP:CDSA$UPGRADE should have been automatically run during the initial boot after the upgrade.

Volker.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

PCSI has traditionally gotten cranky with its home-grown file parsing logic mishandling the angle-bracket directory notation.

If this is the case here, try setting your default over to [AXPVMS.PATCHES.V083], and try re-installing the ECO kit.

My various device and directory logical names once contained angle brackets (as a test of tools), and PCSI regularly ran afoul of that.

And for those OpenVMS releases that have one, do make sure you have the current PCSI ECO kit installed as a first ECO kit loaded. That tends to better stabilize PCSI, and having the PCSI ECO loaded earlier is better than later here.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Uwe,

you can manually test validation of the kit and you can also install the kit with PROD INSTAL/OPT=NOVALIDATE_KIT

See previous thread:

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1189476

Volker.
Uwe Kroyer
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Volker got it. I've done a CDSA$UPDGRADE again and then it works. I could not find a failure inside the session log.
I've never had problems with brackets. I use square bracket for logical definitions and angle bracket for typing, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks

Uwe

Hoff
Honored Contributor

From your original post:

"...MS.]
There are angles in the path somewhere.