4604 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CSWS 2.0 Source Code

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Antonuk

CSWS 2.0 Source Code

Has anyone been able to download the CSWS 2.0 source code?

I go to the "Source Code for CSWS for OpenVMS Alpha (including SSL)" page and all I can find is the v1.3 sources, which are of no use to me as I need them to compile for a v2.0 server.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

I was not able to find the source code on the web site either. Since 2.0.x is now officially supported, it is my understanding that hp is obligated to make the source code available.

I would send an email to openvms.ebusiness@hp.com and ask where they have hidden the link to the source download.

Greetings, Martin
Richard Barry
Occasional Advisor

We have a CSWS 2.0 source code kit ready. It requires a small amount of editing to two DCL build procedures in order to build on your own system.

Until we get it posted to our web site, it's temporarily available for FTP download from one of our HP support sites. I'll e-mail you the information.

If anyone else is interested, post a reply here.

Rick Barry
Secure Web Server Development Group
Peter Quodling
Trusted Contributor

Rick, we making decisions at the moment regarding moving from OSU to CSWS, and then whether to go to V1.3 or V2.0

We would certainly like access to the source kit if possible. Also an update on the V2.1 release, which was mooted for Q305 as I recall, would be appreciated.

Peter
Leave the Money on the Fridge.
Richard Barry
Occasional Advisor

A field test version of CSWS 2.1 (based on Apache 2.0.52) will be available later this month (September). This kit will lift the "stream-lf" restriction and add support for suexec and webdav.

We'll release a source code kit for CSWS 2.1 after field test is complete.

Regards,

Rick Barry
CSWS Engineering
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Rick,

This kit will lift the "stream-lf" restriction and add support for suexec and webdav.

Hurray!!!

Alan, FULL points for Rick, please!

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Peter Quodling
Trusted Contributor

Rick,

wanting to keep everything "in sync" I noticed a) http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/ips/apache/csws_source.html refers to a V1.3 Update 5 source kit, yet the "distribution" at http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/ips/apache/csws_patches.html Talks about 1.3.1 (as opposed to V1.3) and patch level 6 not patch level 5. can you advise? the nature of the differences.

Would also love to be kept abreast of what's what with respect to V2.1 - we are currently moving from OSU to V1.3-1 CSWS and would appreciate being able to keep up to date.

(We are also encountering some difficulties - what is our best source of support - posting here, contact with our local CSC. or email directly to you?) We are investigating ourselves but are having difficulty getting multiple instances of the web server running, and believe we may have some problems with CGI's based on OSU/CSWS Differences...

Regards

Peter
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

Some of our customers also moved from OSU to SWS (1.3 anyway), and there have been some issues that needed to be resolved.
I do not have all details at hand and the eprson that did these changes left the site, documentation is sparse (as ususal...) but this is what I found quickly and what come in mind immediately:
* The application requires authentication - which is different on Apache. Use the MOD_AUTH_OPENVMS module - it allows you to limit access to VMS user's only, where their password may not have been expired, the account is non-captive and not set to disuser. Second, you can limit access to granted rights-identifiers. It does require some setup in both Apache and rightslist but it is sufficient for this user
* Scripts may need adjustment. One thing we did encounter is the root directory for the CGI-scripts, that resides elsewehere. The specification in Apache is different than in OSU, so underlying software may need a change.
* Parameter passing in Apache is somewhat different, so here you need to adjust commandprocedures.
* We have one codebase for both Apache and OSU so whe built in dependency-checks. Since teh Apache installation is normally very standard, whe check for existance of logical APACHE$COMMON, if that exists, the web is served by SWS, otherwise by OSU.
In our application, HTML-code is created by executables, and there some adjustment is to be done: if the logical is set, then " " (space) is replaced by "%20", "/" by "%2f", "+" by "%2b", and more.

There is also a module to run OSU scripts directly within SWS but I have no experience with this. (It was released AFTER we did our changes..)

Willem
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Richard Barry
Occasional Advisor

Peter,

We usually don't post source code kits for SWS versions that contain the same Apache baselevel code. (SWS 1.3 ECO 6 and 1.3-1 ECO 1 are both based on Apache 1.3.26 plus selected security bug-fixes.)

With SWS 2.1 (Apache 2.0.52) approaching, I think it makes sense to post a final SWS 1.3-1 source code kit, too.

If you have any support questions, you should go through the CSC. SWS is fully supported and is included under the OpenVMS maintenance agreement.

Rick Barry
OpenVMS Engineering
Peter Quodling
Trusted Contributor

we are trying to migrate from a large and complex OSU environment to CSWS. There is concern about ODS-5 etc, so the initial plan is 1.3-1 until 2.1 is out.

One of our major requirements is the need to run multiple Servers on the same platform (feeding different ports) with relative security between the ports. On OSU, we have multipe servers running under different user ID's with different rights identifiers etc, managing what is visible through each web server... CSWS is a bit more obsulte about how this happens. The V1.3-1 documentation talks about running multiple servers, but then the V2.0 documentatio talks about running multiple servers under different user ids. Short of back tracking through apache$config by hand is there an answer to this...

q