108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CSWS_PHP0210 can't access imap or pop3

SOLVED
Go to solution
RF Thomas
Frequent Advisor

CSWS_PHP0210 can't access imap or pop3

We were in the prior version of PHP able to use ILOHAMAIL to manage email when on the road through a web browser. The latest version of PHP seems to have broken the TCP/IP functionality needed.

We have also tried several other email packages and they all respond in the same way. They just hang as soon as they attempt to access either POP3 or IMAP.

SQUIRRELMAIL also hangs.

UEBIMIAU is a simpler package that exhibits the same problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor
Solution

RF,
I believe that this is a issue that exists with PHP 2.1 on OpenVMS and it has been addressed in a patched PHPSHR.EXE image.

You should log a call with HP CSWS Support team for OpenVMS and have them take a closer look at the problem you are having.

If memory serves me right, this issue was fixed.

We analyzed the issue and found out that the hang was taking place at recv() function as the flags were initially set to MSG_WAITALL .

It was waiting for the complete data to arrive before proceeding.

We enhanced the flags of recv() function and now it does not wait for the complete data to arrive before proceeding. Which sometimes took a long as 10 minutes to complete without the fix in place.

So, I'd encourage you to log a call with the CSC and have the call routed to the CSWS (APACHE) for OpenVMS Support team.

Cheers,
Rick

- Rick Retterer

RF Thomas
Frequent Advisor

Rick,

The phpshr.exe corrects the problem.

Thank you.
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Bob,
It is my pleasure. Sorry I missed talking to you personally. Hope you are doing well.

Cheers,
Rick
- Rick Retterer