1752817 Members
4517 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CTM Installation

Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

Rob , To clarify here I am not an HP employee, I am looking into the CTM as a customer of HP. I work for Qlogic.

--

OK. Send me mail at rab (at) hp.com
and I'll put you in touch with someone that can help you.

-- Rob
Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

Most VMS product
kits come with installation instructions. I
see no description here of what you have to
work with.

--

Installing CTM is as easy as running VMSINSTAL.

Configuring CTM takes some effort, because it's got a lot of options and it's not really designed for use outside of VMS Engineering, so it's not remotely as well documented as a standard layered product.

It frequently requires a lot of hand-editing of files in order to set up various tests. In a large cluster environment, it can be pretty tough to do without any hand-holding.

I'm not a CTM expert, but I've installed it and configured it enough to have a fair amount of compassion for a rookie who is doing their first installation.

-- Rob
John Reagan
Respected Contributor

I'm still unsure WHY you think you want to install CTM on your cluster. What part of the OpenVMS cluster environment are you wanting to test?
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Ok; you're working with HP.

Interpolating from this discussion, HP and Qlogic are working on and are seeking to test a new or an updated cluster-level interconnect of some sort. Cool. Good to know.

But again, CTM is not something most folks know anything about beyond generalities, and few outside of HP have any experience with. Put another way, we can help you with the general "how to" stuff for VMSINSTAL or PCSI installations or such -- and have pointed you at examples of that sort of thing -- but we can't help you with HP internal tools.

Ring up your corporate HP OpenVMS contact(s) and ask them for help with CTM installation and operation, and with the other tools that were probably provided with CTM.

Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

Ring up your corporate HP OpenVMS contact(s) and ask them for help with CTM installation and operation, and with the other tools that were probably provided with CTM.

--

Yeah, I'm in the process of getting the right people involved to sort this out.

-- Rob