108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Capacity planning reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I used the scripts of Keith with a modification : after generating postscript, I convert it on VMS to jpeg. This has the advantage that nothing special on the PC is needed.

Just one remark : is performance advisor able to generate a graph with simply %cpu used ? Now I always have the subelements and managers don't understand that. I would also like a graph of total disk space available ...
Wim
Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor

> is performance advisor able to generate a graph with simply %cpu used ? Now I always have the subelements and managers don't understand that. <

I don't know the command-line name for this graph off-hand, but via the GUI interface the graph under Display Top --> Top Physical Processors --> Busy may be suitable, particularly if you use a stacked graph on an SMP box. Or try a custom graph: Display Custom --> System Metrics and graph the metric named CPU_TOTAL. A stacked custom graph of Display Custom --> Processor Metrics by Physical CPU ID... --> P_BUSY might also do the job.

> I would also like a graph of total disk space available ... <

Try the graph Display Top --> Top Disk Volumes --> Percent Used Space (or Percent Free Space). This generates a graph of the 6 disks with the highest percentage of used (or free) space. If you need all of the disks on one graph, take a look at th pie chart instead -- it has all disks on it.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Keith & Co,

Indeed a lot is possible with the custom graphs. I now create only custom graphs because I have more control on the graph.

I changed to file type PNG. The result is a lot more compact and the graphs are of better quality.

1 problem left : when I use Ghostscript to convert ps to png, it generates a graph for a page, t.i. with a lot of white space surrounding it.

Has anyone an idea of how to trim this whitespace (using VMS tools only, in batch).

Wim
(also had to fight with PSDC versions but that's another story)
Wim
Paul Coviello
Frequent Advisor

HI we have the csv files from T4 and looking thru some of the replies I haven't relly found what I need... can someone give me the PERL command for plot and or where I can find CSVPNG.

thanks
Paul
Pat Moran

The Alpha OpenVMS version of CSVPNG is included in the System Healthcheck kit which is available as a free download from the HP Software Depot: (http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=SHCBASE01).
csvpng_alpha.exe is in the shct4.exe self-extracting archive in the .PCSI kit.