Operating System - OpenVMS
1753912 Members
8697 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change LLA0 failover device - how to disable EIA0 member?

Scot Newton
Advisor

Change LLA0 failover device - how to disable EIA0 member?

I have an LLA0 device defined via LANCP with a failover set of (EIA0,EIB0). I need to change this set to become (EIA0,EIC0). From checking LANCP HELP, it looks liike I can use the SET DEV command - BUT - the LLA0 device must be inactive to do this. Having trouble figuring out the sequence of events to change my failover set contents. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks much in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Scot,
within LANCP

LANCP> show dev lla0 /char

will show which dev is active

LANCP> set dev LLA0/Switch

will cause a failover between "active" and "inactive".

You might then be able to add the new device and remove the old device.

Yo might have to "/disable" eia0 before removing.

Dave.

Scot Newton
Advisor

hello and thanks for the good advice. Note that when you issue the /SWITCH, it does exactly that - LLA0 becomes active on the companion EI device. However, it does not disable LLA0 to allow changing failover set components. But, I did resolve the problem. In LANCP I issued the command "SET DEV LLA0/NOFAILOVER_SET=EIB0", and that did the trick. It removed EIB0, but left (EIA0,EIC0) in the set. Once again I am humbled at how simple (yet relatively undocumented) things can be...
Scot Newton
Advisor

I did resolve this problem - thanks "The Brit" for your input.
In LANCP I issued the command
"SET DEV LLA0/NOFAILOVER_SET=EIB0"
and that did the trick. It removed EIB0, but left (EIA0,EIC0) in the set. Once again I am humbled at how simple (yet relatively undocumented) things can be...