New Discussion юеВ

Configure SNS watchdog for report with dcl com file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

Configure SNS watchdog for report with dcl com file

Hi again :)

I'm wondering if it's possible to configure PSW (polycenter system watchdog) to use get error reporting for a executed dcl .com file?

The problem is not how to write the dcl but how to configure PSW to use it! Or do I have to print my output to a file and make it read from there?

I've looked at the help in sns$edit> for "help add" and the only thing I can find (which is quite cryptic anyway) is "action_routine_set" to execute my command. But I still can't seem to find where to schedule it or how I'm supposed to get a message returned to PSW.

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson
4 REPLIES 4
Kumar_Sanjay
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: Configure SNS watchdog for report with dcl com file

Hi Fredrik,

for adding message in Watchdog, you can use that..SENSE WATCH ADD MESSAGE

Example;

SENSE WATCH ADD MESSAGE "''QNAME', PRINT queue is having problem, please call VMS support!"

SENSE WATCH DELETE MESSAGE "''QNAME', fax queue is having problem, please call VMS support!"

Regards
Martin Hughes
Regular Advisor

>>"action_routine_set" to execute my command. But I still can't seem to find where to schedule it <<

Have a look at show class, mofify class etc. This is where you define which action routines are fired in response to specific events.
For the fashion of Minas Tirith was such that it was built on seven levels, each delved into a hill, and about each was set a wall, and in each wall was a gate. (J.R.R. Tolkien). Quote stolen from VAX/VMS IDSM 5.2
Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

Okey, I thought I figured out how to do it. But the more I look at it the more it makes less sense.

I already have a class named "Default" which contains a bunch of events (all from memory errors to disk errors and so on). I'm at the point where I should add a event with an action routine. Which I think should looks something like this.
SNS$EDIT> add action_routine_set hsz80 /command="@sns_procedures:mydcl.com" /mode=spawn

This is where I'm unsure, i think it should be like this:
SNS$EDIT> modify class /event=HSZ /priority=HIGH /action_routine_set=hsz80

But where can I specify which node is supposed to use this event?

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson
Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the help :)

I solved by writing a dcl that submits a message to PSW via (ofcourse at the right times):
sense watchdog add message "description" /trans=tcpip

And then just made it resubmit itself to the batch queue every day :)

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson