New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring clustering & shadowing to use particular NICs

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

Configuring clustering & shadowing to use particular NICs

Greetings.
I have two machines (DS20 & DS25) which are to be cluster connected (hopefully) over a single-mode fibre connection (using appropriate connectors and adaptors). I want all the SCS/ cluster traffic to go over this fibre link and all user traffic (ie non-cluster and non-shadowing traffic) to go over another link. Most probably the fibre link will always be the fastest (least latency) but I don't want the system to determine this, I want to enforce it.
Likewise, how does the volume shadowing go? Can this also be isolated to one NIC?

Hope I am not being too vague.

Oh,PS. the systems will be running 7.3-2. One system (ds20) has one 10/100 and two 10/100/1000 gigabit (one of the latter will be used for the fibre connection). The other (ds25) has the two built in NICs plus two extra gigabit NICs (again, one of the latter will be used for the fibre connection).
2 REPLIES 2
John Gillings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mark,

For V7.3-2 and above you can use SCACP to prioritise SCS traffic on particular network interconnects and/or devices. On earlier versions you can use SYS$EXAMPLES:LAVC$STOP_BUS to BLOCK all SCS traffic on a particular interconnect, but if it fails, your cluster breaks.

SCACP is a much better solution, as it allows you to set priorities. If your higher priority bus(es) fail, the traffic can move to another interconnect. SCACP can also monitor traffic.

$ MCR SCACP
SCACP> HELP

(usual VMS style interface, see SHOW LAN & SET LAN for starters, RTFM for details)

For more detailed assistance, please log a case with your local customer support centre.
A crucible of informative mistakes
MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for your response, it was much appreciated