New Discussion юеВ

Re: Congrats to Martin P.J. Zinser

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello,

thanks again to all for their friendly words. Hogwarts is really a magical place. I do start to see little, fluffy white elephants. (Real wizards see large, fluffy white elephants ;->

Some additional remarks:

Hein:

Geez, I should have known IT people have a warped view of geography :-) So, while in Germany I live in the village next to SAP's HQ. Kronau is the next exit on the highway from Walldorf. And I really recommend Karlsruhe, it has a nice downtown area and much fewer tourists than Heidelberg (IMHO obviously).
As for meeting you in the Linux forum, I am looking forward to it, there are more than enough questions there to keep another one busy.

Volkmar:

Up to very recently we did run the electronic trading system for the Chicago Board of Trade, which is one of the five largest derivatives (futures and options) exchanges in the world. This contract has ended January 1st and right now we are busy setting up our own exchange to be launched soon (pending CFTC permission).

Michael:

As VMS afficionados like to point out,
English, not greek ;-) VMS is much more "natural" language than any other OS I know (and I do know a number of them ranging from OS/9 to zOS). If you want to play around with it a decent home system can be had for less than 500 USD and licenses for private use are free.

Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

Congrats! Job well done!

Marty
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

Congrats Martin..

Ganesh