1748019 Members
4643 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Creating Files

L. Webb
Occasional Advisor

Creating Files

How do I create a file and merge existing excel, word, etc. documents into it?
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating Files

COPY would probably do it, unless you wanted
the result to make any sense.

Merge? What are you talking about?
L. Webb
Occasional Advisor

What I mean to say is.........

I have a lot of files that have similar content that I would like to put in one folder instead of searching all through the system to find them. I do not have a clue how to gather all these scatterd files and place them in one folder.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Mr Webb,

Welcome to the OpenVMS forum.

Do you intend to manipulate Microsoft office data file on OpenVMS?

If so, then you may want to check out:
http://www.oooovms.dyndns.org/

Please clarify your question for more help!
What system? What kind of file?
What is the input(s)? output(s)

fwiw,
Hein.

L. Webb
Occasional Advisor

I may be in the wrong forum. I don't know what OpenVMS is. Please redirect me if this is not for you.

I have individual files saved in excel and word. Instead of having them scattered throughout my database, I would like to collect all the files that have similar content and put them in their own folder. This will make finding them a lot easier and less time consuming because I will have everything that has to do with say... "2007 Expense report" in one location/file folder.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm sure this is trivial to you but it is driving me crazy.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

L,

You are definitely in the incorrect forum.

Please ask the moderators to refer you to a more appropriate forum. This is the forum dedicated to OpenVMS, an operating system origiinally developed by Digital Equipment Corporation for its VAX systems, subsequently on Alpha 64 bit RISC-based systems. Most recently, OpenVMS has assimilated the Integrity -series of systems produced by HP, based on Intel's IA-64 architecture.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com