108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Creating a queue on an NTY device

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

You can create telnet devices on HP TCP/IP services, too. See http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/732final/6526/6526pro_035.html#tel_create_sess_sec

HTH,
Martin
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

I, too, thought NTY devices were Multinet and they use a processor something like MULTINET_NTYSYM or is that just from my old rusty memory:-)

TCP/IP for OVMS creates TNA's but I didn't know it could create NTY's. And, I haven't looked lately, but I know that once upon a time you could set NTY device spooled but not a TNA. Has that changed?

Doug
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

>>>
I too, thought NTY devices were Multinet and they use a processor something like MULTINET_NTYSYM or is that just from my old rusty memory:-)
<<<

Your old rusty memory is correct. As I see it, in Multinet, any terminal device is an NTY device. Just like TNAs are in TCP/IP Services.

>>>>
TCP/IP for OVMS creates TNA's but I didn't know it could create NTY's. And, I haven't looked lately, but I know that once upon a time you could set NTY device spooled but not a TNA. Has that changed?
<<<

Never tried that (neither with a TNA nor with an NTY).

cu,
Martin
Carl Bennett
Advisor

You're going to want to use the MULTINET_NTYSMB processor for NTY queues, and you want to be sure to have the latest updates from Process, as there were some bugs in 4.2 and 4.3 (I haven't tried multinet 5 yet, but I'm on the list for the 5.1 beta)...

Also, we kept getting blank pages after the print jobs, so I started throwing a reset into the queue that looked something like this...

RESET
PE\
SEPARATE
]VMS;2\

The whole thing looks something like this...

$ init /que /start /on = /record -
/default = (NOFEED,NOFLAG,NOBURST,NOTRAIL,FORM='QFORM) -
/process = MULTINET_NTYSMB/retain = error /sched = nosize -
/separate = (reset =(reset,separate)) /no_initial_ff

For best results with these, you do want to spool them, and they won't create unless you build the NTY first...

NTYCP:==$MULTINET:NTYCP
NTYCP CREATE PORT /NODE = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /PORT = XXXX
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Chaim,

Robert,

From your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 166 of 202 responses to my questions.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption ├в My Question(s)├в you will find ├в questions or topics with unassigned points ├в Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. ├в nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before ├в please do not take offence ├в none is intended!

Proost.

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.