1753952 Members
7733 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DCPS and line per page

Paul Anderson_7
Frequent Advisor

Using a non-DCPS queue wouldn't produce the NUMBER_UP or LANDSCAPE characteristics of the output, but it would be interesting to see if an LPD or Telnet queue produces the same "shifting".
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

Could this be an issue with the VFC (Variable with fixed length control) record format? I am thinking that is what COBOL uses. It is the same as what is used for BATCH .LOG files. Do you have similar issues when printing BATCH .LOG files?

Possibly providing a DIR/FULL output for the file in question and partial DUMP of the file would shed some light.

VFC encodes a count of the number of blank lines rather than the blank lines themselves. I have seen a situation where COBOL reports would not print correctly. The encoded character printed as a space and the number of blank lines did not match the original document.

My solution was to create a "dummy" queue and create a process to convert the file format before printing to the actual print queue.

The issue I had was due to the fact that the file was using a TCPIP print que to a server that did not understand the VFC record format.

Dave Williams
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Could well be VFC, yes. Could be most anything. Which is why I'm looking to start slicing hunks of code and tools off of the problem space. Divide and conquer debugging, et al.
Denis Michaud
Occasional Advisor

I print with DATA_TYPE=ANSI and transmit the ANSI code 62t by the setup module of the form.

Thanks