1753765 Members
6073 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DEC LAT - Windows 2000/XP driver

Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

In Pathwork 32 you can find PowerTerm emulator which works with LAT. I beleive PW-32 doesn't contain LAT drivers for win xp or win 2k therefore you can't use emulator for this purpose.
AFAIK LAT driver on PW-32 was released for win 9x.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

Antonio,

PW-32 v7.4 most certainly _does_ have LAT for XP, 2000 and 2003 and PowerTerm most certainly _does_ work using LAT on those Windows platforms. Support for Win9x has been dropped. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

-Doug
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

No Doug,
PowerTerm can work with lat on all platform but lat driver will be installed before using it and there are not avaiable on pathwork 32 (I didn't find it).

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Antoniov,

>>>
lat driver will be installed before using it and there are not avaiable on pathwork 32 (I didn't find it).
<<<

On the Pathworks-32 v7.4 CD, it's in \w2k\protocol\lat\

HTH,
Martin
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

>>
On the Pathworks-32 v7.4 CD, it's in \w2k\protocol\lat\
<<

And, LAT installs as part of the normal PW-32 installation unless you tell it not to.

I have XP and Win2k PC's running this version of Powerterm via this version of PW-32's LAT at a site where TCP/IP & TELNET is not installed on the Alpha Server.

There is a W95 directory on the CD, too, but the Autorun - Autoplay only works with NT/XP/W2Kx.

I haven't tried to manually install this CD's PW-32 on W9x but I suppose it would since it seems to be all there.

I did install Powerterm from this CD on a Win98se PC and it went in just fine.

-Doug
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Sorry,
I found lat driver on pathwork-32 CD V7.4
Thank to all

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti