New Discussion юеВ

Re: DECNET / PATHWORKS for Windows XP or Vista

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fausto Saporito
Occasional Advisor

DECNET / PATHWORKS for Windows XP or Vista

hello all,

I'm trying to install a DECNET support under Windows (XP or VISTA). I found a lot of messages related to Pathworks32 software, but unfortunately on the HP site, the related web page says "the product has been retired, please use a third party software...".

Is there any? :)

May I use, anyway, the latest Pathworks-32 version (7.4 AFAIK) under Windows XP? If yes, where can I find it?

Thanks a lot,
Fausto
4 REPLIES 4
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have a license, you may use the Pathworks 32 7.4, which I believe was the final release. There are issues with the distribution, you'll need to contact HP for assorted patches, including issues with multi core workstations. I can't answer for Vista. An older distribution kit if you have one.

Why are you trying to use the DECnet version? You can run the Pathworks Lan Manager/Advanced Server using TCP/IP and use the default Windows networking to reach a share. Granted I used to use Pathworks over DECnet and disable TCP/IP to help minimize security risk.

What is your OpenVMS system? There is no Advanced Server for Integrity. HP is providing Samba.

Andy Bustamante
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Fausto,

Don't flog a very dead horse! Forget about using DECnet on a PC, use the native TCP/IP stack. You don't need to install Pathworks on a PC, run SAMBA on the OpenVMS host.
A crucible of informative mistakes
Fausto Saporito
Occasional Advisor

Ok :-)
I understood the message... I'll setup the TCPIP package.

Thanks a lot,
Fausto
Fausto Saporito
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to you all for replying.