New Discussion юеВ

Re: DECserver Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor

Terry,

I have concentrated on the DS90M, however I see that you also mention a DS900M. I am not familiar with that one, unless you meant DS900TM. I have lots of these (with a patched version of the S/W that was not made public as far as I know) still in use today at my primary site. They report:

Network Access SW V2.4 BL50.05 for DS900TM ROM V5.1-0

It fixes a bug in the normal v2.4 release that came out on their CD in March 2001. That was the last one we ever got (and I believe I still have a new media maint. contract with HP). The bug I found is that you can not change the REMOTE ACCESS password. DNPG sent me (via Compaq/HP CSC) a kit of WWENG2.SYS and MNENG3.SYS. They are dated March 2002.

I believe this fix (the BL50.05) is also in the MNENG3.SYS file I have for a DS90M. It just dawned on me that I don't think the DS90M version string I quoted above has this file downloaded to it... :) That server is not at my primary site and gets VERY little attention. I is just used for some old local dumb terminals and modems. I will try and see what this MNENG3.SYS file version is that I have and let you know when I get a chance.
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor
Solution

This is a long time out of this thread, but
I recently discovered that DNPG has v2.6
of their DNAS software. They also tell me
that v2.7 is coming very soon. It is going
to include support for SSH, I'm told!

However, I discovered that my maint. contract
with HP for updates on DNAS which has been in
place since about 1996 has stopped sending
the DNAS updates after v2.4 because they are
not really DEC/Compaq/HP products... However
they have been happy to sell me the maint
every month...

rick
Terry Yeomans
Frequent Advisor

10 out of 10 for perseverance Rick !
I think you're due a rebate from HP(not)!
I got no replies from HP or any other sites so ended up loading 2.3B on all relevent servers. It seems to have stopped the problem of getting spurrious gateways on the servers ! I shall leave this alone now (or until I get another server problem).
Yours Terry.