New Discussion юеВ

Re: DEVLISTFULL

SOLVED
Go to solution
matthew robey
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

I have checked that the OVMS_UNIT_COUNT accurately reflects the number of BG devices.
(which it does).

Fortunately (!?) this probelm resurfaced on our test machine, and I was able to force a crash and obtain a valid dump.
I will be logging a call today.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Matt
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Matt,

you can easily check the no. of BG devices and the sysconfig net parameters in the dump:

$ ANAL/CRASH dumpfile
SDA> TCPIP SYSCONFIG NET
SDA> TCPIP SHOW DEVICE
SDA> SHOW DEV BG
SDA> EXIT

To re-direct output to a file in SDA, use
SDA> SET OUT/NOINDEX file

Then you could process the file usign SEARCH etc. to count BG devices.

Volker.
matthew robey
Frequent Advisor

Well the problem has been solved.

It wasn't BG devices, it was.......WSA devices!

The issue was that the Oracle DBA copied their personal login.com (which had a "set display.../perm" in it) , to the main Oracle account.
This created a WSA device every time that a TNS process was run. As the machine had been up for several months, the number of WSA devices crept up to 32770.

Removing the /PERM and an IF F$MODE() .NES. "INTERACTIVE" statement in the login.com has resolved the problem.

I think the issue with the Oracle TNS process was the the login.com didn't have a "SET NOON", therefore the login stopped running at the point of "set display" and ORAUSER was not run. The process then went into a cpu loop until its quota had run out.

My thanks to Sek at HP support.

Matt

Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Matt,

from your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 13 of 73 responses to my questions.

-- unassigned questions dating as far back as 2003!

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption "My Question(s)" you will find "questions or topics with unassigned points " Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. - nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before - please do not take offence - none is intended!

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.