1753943 Members
8551 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT8000 firmware V88 (0258)

stan Jenereski_1
Occasional Contributor

DLT8000 firmware V88 (0258)

It appears that with V88 of the DLT8000 code when an unload is issued the tape only become ready as indicated by the "tape in use" led.

With V80 the DLT 8000 would unload and light the Green LED which should be correct for C2 security.

my test script...

backup/media=compact/noassist/noinit/ignore=label dka0:[*...]*.*;* mka0:large.bck/save

then....
dismount mka0:

green light never comes on to remove the tape only the tape in use comes on. This has to be incorrect

my thanks
Stan
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT8000 firmware V88 (0258)

are you posting this so we are aware of this problem - if so thank you.
But If you want hp to fix it then you need to log a call.

to be aware of and I also sent mail to Quantum for their code version also
stan Jenereski_1
Occasional Contributor

Apparently this is a modification to the drive firmware which was introduced with V85. I believe that someone should have posted a read-me for this change. Once the drive switches back to tape-in-use you would think you could write to it but you can not.

V85 A.4.2 Enhancement: Added a low power mode used while waiting in the unlocked state for the door to be opened. If after 10 minutes the door has not been opened, the door will lock and the current holding the tension on the tape will be reduced. After entering this state, the eject button, SCSI unload, or library unload must take place to remove the cartridge