108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DST Patches for OpenVMS version 7.1-2

SOLVED
Go to solution
owilliams
Frequent Advisor

DST Patches for OpenVMS version 7.1-2

I am new to OpenVMS and have been given the role of system admin and need some assistance. Do I need to install DST patches for the system? If so where do I get them and how do I install them? Thanks for the help!
15 REPLIES 15
atul sardana
Frequent Advisor

Dear Owilliams,

First u can download DST patch from ITRC.hp.com and copy it to your system where you want to install it then run from where you copy this patch
$product install *

choose DST prod and enter

Atul Sardana
I love VMS
owilliams
Frequent Advisor

I am not sure which update to use for our version of OpenVMS. The particular version we use is not listed. Again I am really new to OpenVMS. Thanks for the help.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Owilliams,

welcome to the OpenVMS ITRC forum.

There has been a recent article on OpenVMS.org pointing to Timezone files updated for this years DST changes from HP for unsupported versions of VMS:

http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=07/02/08/6646402

Volker.
owilliams
Frequent Advisor

Very helpful thanks!
owilliams
Frequent Advisor

I am having trouble installing the patches. What is the correct procedure? I get an error "invalid product name." I tried the command on the readme file to change the file attribute without much luck.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

It might be easier to guess your problem if
you said what the PCSI file name is, and what
you tried which didn't work.

"[...] without much luck."

Does that mean that the command didn't work,
or that changing the file attributes didn't
solve the other problem?
Hoff
Honored Contributor

There are no patches for V7.1-2 nor would I expect there to be, so you will have problems with attempts to install patches for another release on V7.1-2. I expect that condition is the basis for your "without much luck" comment, but I am guessing on that.

The OpenVMS FAQ has a section on this topic, as you'll be building your own fix for this release. Or you'll be upgrading to a supported release with a DST and TZ ECO available, or you'll be manually switching over and just living with any of the (usually minor) low-level differences.

I have posted a synopsis of the DST and TZ over in http://64.223.189.234/node/72 with information and pointers to various HP, Oracle and other sites, and to the chater on time and timekeeping in the OpenVMS FAQ.

owilliams
Frequent Advisor

Well the patches I am trying to install are the ones from the suggested site for unsupported versions of VMS. Is it best to just do this manually?
atul sardana
Frequent Advisor

Owilliams ,
No more support from hp for 7.1-2 . I think now this is the right time for planing to upgrade latest one version of OVMS in your system. anyway now do it manualy.

thanks,

Atul sardana
I love VMS