5693 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DTCS monitoring

Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

DTCS monitoring

Hi ,

One of our cluster uses DTCS (Disaster Tolerant Cluster Service) . For this monitoring is done from OMS station. Is there any way from which I can do the same from my VMS machine. I can check the EVT file & log files, but I want to do continuous monitoring.

Please let me know if additional information is required here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Lokesh Jain
What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?
7 REPLIES 7
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

IIRC DTCS uses Robomon and some custom software with MS W*****s :-( as the management stations (unfortunate really as its predecessor BRS used VAXstations).
Parhaps you can get the management station box to send events back to yr VMS system.

what sort of things do you want to be told about?

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. So, it means if I do not have access to OMS station or OMS station is not at my desk, then I cannot monitor ( can use terminal services to log into OMS station, but for this access to OMS stations is required ).

I just want to do monitoring as one do on OMS station from VMS , but as you suggested this might not be possible.

Any other ideas...
Thanks & regards,
Lokesh Jain
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

it may be best to get the workstation to email you when something interesting happens as i guess you have too many boxes to watch screens and wait.

Ian,

Right now I am at a client site (not in India) and somehow I do not know the OMS station password here. That's the reason I asked the question to monitor the systems till I get the password.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Lokesh Jain

Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor

Rudimentary monitoring (i.e. is a system up?) and control (i.e. quorum adjustment, or to crash a node) would be possible via Availability Manager or DECamds, if you can run that on a VMS system connected to the local LAN (but not a member of the cluster) and send the DECwindows display back to your OpenVMS box.

Since the consoles are connected to terminal servers and console management for those ports is being provided by RoboCentral on the OMS stations, it's hard to get console access without the OMS password.
Paul Dolan (DTCS)

Hi,

I'm responsible for the DTCS solution set for HP. Can you please mail me with some more details of what you are trying to achieve and I'll see if we can help you.

I'm paul.dolan@hp.com

best regards,

Paul
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

Many Thanks for your extended help. I have sent you an email with details.

Best regards,
Lokesh Jain