New Discussion юеВ

Database credential location

pkg
Occasional Contributor

Database credential location

Hi,
In my DCL script following line have been written-
sqlplus 'cpipass' @abc

From where(location) I can find cpipass.
5 REPLIES 5
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Re: Database credential location

pkg,

Assuming you did a litteral text copy, then
cpipass
is a symbol; which can have just about any (text or numeric) value.

Before any further answers are possible, consider adding
$ show symbol cpipass
$ exit

to (a copy of) the DCL script.
Execute it. Maybe that will directly be your answer; otherwise post the (litteral!!) answer for more chance of getting what you want.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
pkg
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for a quick reply.I got my answer but When I have to chnage "cpipass" then how can i do.

BR,
Pankaj

pkg,

DCL is the shell language used by OpenVMS.

Here is the link to the OpenVMS docs section on the DCL Data Dictionary that deals with the definitiof of symbolic names

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/9996/9996pro_25.html#index_x_11

If you look in the index, you should be able to find answers to most of your symbol related questions.

Regards

Patrick
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As was previously mentioned, "cpipass" used in this context, is a symbol.

In order for this DCL script to function, a value must be assigned to "cpipass" prior to the

sqlplus 'cpipass'@abc

command executing.

The assignment will normally look something like;

$ cpipass = (if it is a local symbol)
or
$ cpipass == (if it is a global symbol)

If the assignment does not happen in your DCL Script, then the symbol is probably global. I would start by looking for a DCL Command file which contains the string
"cpipass" as part of an assignment. Note, these symbol values are often held as Logicals, so you might want to search the output from "Show Logical" for the string.

HTH

Dave.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

That symbol is likely to be defined in the common SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGIN.COM or the username specific SYS$LOGIN:LOGIN.COM.

Just add a $SHOW SYM CPI* in the very beginning and end of your LOGIN.COM and see whether it is defined before, or during.

If it is not in there (be sure check the COMMENT in those) then it is likely to be in a command file called/chained from there.
Look for the @ signs and files names like SETUP_ENVIRONMENT, _ENV_SETUP, ORACLE_INIT, ORACLE_SETUP, APPLICATION_COMMON, CPI_INIT, START_CPI, and such.

IF you have the pleasure of working in a somewhat security conscious environment, then you also have to look of an IMAGE executed during the LOGIN process which magically and secretly derives the password to be used and sticks it in the symbol.

Good luck!
Hein